Here's some great news: you can teach your child sight words without memorization!
Brain research shows that we rapidly connect words with sounds in the language center of our brain - not in the visual part. So you can help your child by mapping the words from their sounds to the spellings.
Use the handy answer key to explain the trickier or irregular spelling to your child.
The Dolch words are the 220 most frequently used words in English. This list covers words 61 - 80.
This printable pack can be bound into a workbook, and your child can color the easy decodable parts (green), more tricky decodable parts (yellow), and the irregular words (red).
Here's what's included:
- 2 pages of directions for parents
- 1 page of word mapping plus an answer key
- 22-page workbook with a cover, growth mindset affirmations, and one page for each of the 20 words
- 2 pages of flashcards
- 1-page certificate for your child to color (optional)
- word list and spelling test
- 31 total pages
Digital download only. For one individual classroom or home use only.