Learning about the silent e can be simple for your child. These CVCe Word Mapping worksheets are an easy and no-prep way to practice this important skill.
Mapping words from sounds (phonemes) to symbols (graphemes) is the most efficient way to teach children to read and spell.
Your child will map CVCe words by:
- Saying the picture name.
- Tapping the three sounds.
- Mapping the letter that spells each sound.
- Writing the word.
This is part of the WORD MAPPING BUNDLE. Save big with this resource.
The CVCe words are arranged in word families in this CVCe resource:
- ace, age, ake, ale, ate, ame, ane, ape, ase, ave
- ice, ike, ile, ime, ide, ipe, ire, ite, ive
- ome, obe, ode, ole, ote, one, ose
- ute, ube, ule, use
- mixed review by long vowels a, i, o, u
- mixed review
This resource includes:
- 17 pages of CVCe word families
- 9 pages of mixed CVCe by vowels
- 4 pages of mixed review CVCe
- 30 pages of answer keys