This Turkey in Disguise persuasive writing activities are no-prep for you and tons of fun for your child!
Using writing to persuade people is a grade-level standard. These writing activities are for children in approximately 2nd through 4th grade.
It doesn't matter what level your child can write at - there is a planning sheet (called a graphic organizer) and a writing sheet that is appropriate for them. Whether your child needs an extra challenge or extra help - it is there!
Plus it's fun! Children are instantly engaged when they think about disguising a turkey at Thanksgiving!
There are assignments to disguise a turkey as a:
- pumpkin, or
For each disguise, you'll find a planning page called a graphic organizer at these levels:
- Easiest: Write 3 supporting reasons
- Harder: Write an opinion statement, 3 supporting reasons, and an ending opinion statement.
- Hardest: Write an opinion statement, 3 supporting reasons and 3 examples/explanations, and an ending opinion statement.
Your child will use the planning page to then write a paragraph on these levels:
- Easiest: Complete sentence stems in a paragraph
- Harder: Write a paragraph with 3 supporting reasons.
- Hardest: Write an 8-sentence paragraph with reasons and examples.
Your child will get a lot of practice with persuasive writing with these fun turkey worksheets.