Feel confused on how to get your child from knowing letter sounds to actually reading?
The next step is blending. These Successive Blending CVC Words Worksheets make it simple.
Blending words can be really tricky for some children (and their parents!). Just start by blending the first two sounds to create a step-by-step approach for your child.
Here's what your child will do:
- Decode the first two letters while tapping the dots.
- Blend those two sounds together.
- Repeat those blended sounds.
- Decode the final letter while tapping the dot.
- Blend the whole word together.
- Dab, dot, cover, or color the circle that has the picture that matches the word they read.
- 22 pages organized by short vowel word families
- 5 pages of review for short a, short e, short i, short o, and short u
- 5 pages of mixed review
- 32 pages in all
- plus 32 pages of answer keys so no guessing which picture is which!
These word families are included in this resource:
- short a: ab, ad, ag, am, an, at
- short e: eb, ed, eg, en, em, et
- short i: ib, id, ig, im, in, ip, it
- short o: ob, od, og, op, ot
- short u: ub, ud, ug, um, un, up, ut
Digital product only. For individual home use or one classroom only.