Hearing ending sounds can be really tricky. It's one of the most common reasons children struggle with blending CVC words.
Many children drop the ending letter sound when blending words. They need systematic practice hearing sounds. It's a critical phonemic awareness skill.
But research shows it's most impactful to connect phonemic awareness to phonics. So you can super-charge your child's phonemic awareness practice by connecting it to phonics lessons. These worksheets are sorted by phonics skills to make it easy for you!
THIS IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE MONEY SAVING PHONEMIC AWARENESS WORKSHEET BUNDLE.
YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN...
- To isolate the final sound in a word.
- How to hear the different ending sounds in two words.
- To connect the sound to the letter.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE...
- Ending Sounds Match Cut & Glue - 12 pages
- Ending Sound Sort Cut & Paste - 15 pages
- Match the Letters Cut & Glue - 10 pages
- Color by Sounds - 15 pages (students color by code depending on final sound)
- Sound Search - 12 pages (students search for pictures that have the final sound)
- 64 total worksheets plus picture keys
WHAT SOUNDS ARE INCLUDED?
Please see the pictures for a complete table of contents. The final sounds included are b, d, f, g, k, l, m, n, p, s, t, x, soft c and g, ch, th, sk, /k/ spelled -ck, ay, ee, ew, oy, y, and ow.
Can I find these worksheets elsewhere?
Yes they are also inside the money-saving phonemic awareness bundle!
If you're a teacher, you can also find the Phonemic Awareness Worksheet Bundle on TPT.
Do you have answer keys?
Yes, there is a picture key included so you'll know the ending sound for each picture.
What is your return policy?
With digital products, all sales are final. Have a concern? Spot a typo? Email me and I'll make it right.
This is a digital product. Nothing physical will ship.