Help your child practice reading CVC words this holiday season. The fun and cute color by number worksheets build skills in decoding CVC words and coloring in small spaces.
Plus they also come with word mapping worksheets. This fast tracks learning to read. Your learners will map CVC words on these cute Christmas printables by:
- Saying the picture name.
- Tapping the three sounds.
- Writing the letter that spells each sound.
- Reading the word.
Then your students will:
- Read those same CVC words,
- Match them to the correct picture, and
- Color according to the code.
The Christmas Color by Code pictures are:
There are two Color by Codes for Santa and the elf - choose from the worksheets with peach or brown for the skin color that best fits your child's skin tone.
The CVC words are arranged in word families in this CVC resource:
- an family: tan, man, van, fan, pan, can
- ig family: wig, rig, pig, fig, dig, big
- em family: hem, gem
- en family: hen, den, ten, men
- op family: hop, pop, top
- od family: rod, pod, nod
- ub family: sub, cub, tub, rub
- ud family: mud, bud
- ab family: tab, cab, lab, dab, gab, jab
This printable includes:
- one cover to make a packet (optional)
- 6 pages of Christmas CVC Word Mapping
- 8 pages of Christmas CVC Color by Code
- 12 page of answer keys
- 27 total pages
Digital download only. For one individual classroom or one home use only.